Saturday, May 21, 2005

CD Review: Magic Time by Van Morrison


Van Morrison's voice alone has the ability to take you back to happy times and good memories. I can remember my wife and I in our first little apartment without a pot to piss in and listening to Moondance while we were cleaning, cooking or laying around. This album is alot more versatile than Moondance but it does have a similar effect. The music ranges from mellow to big band and swing to blues and rock. I don't know how he does it but it all fits together like an uncut puzzle. This is truly a great album through and through and if he doesn't get a Grammy nomination, then that would be a real shame. Van's voice is pure gold and all these years later, he can still belt them out as easily and fluid as ever. I implore you to get this record...it's a marvelous night! Fantastic, I enthusiastically give it a perfect score--***** out of *****.

No comments: