Thursday, February 10, 2005

CD Review: St. Anger by Metallica


Let me start by saying that I love Metallica. But not this Metallica. I don't know what happened to them over the last few years but kicking Jason out of the band couldn't have caused this drastic of a change, could it? Everything about this album is lousy. The producer should never work again. You have a group whose first album sounds lightyears better than their latest release and it's not like they can't afford better production. The drums sound like tin cans, the guitars sound like wet farts and James' singing sounds worse than ever. "Invisible Kid" is possibly one of the worst songs ever made, I mean EVER! Here's the only way I can think of to fix this runaway train to crapville-#1 Hire a decent producer, #2 get rid of the human crab and bring back Jason, #3 Hire the dude from Godsmack to sing and keep the mic away from James and #4 Take this album off the shelves and pretend it never happened! I don't know, if these guys don't right this ship, this will be the LAST Metallica album I ever download!! Uh, forget that last part. It gets one crappy *.

No comments: