Friday, June 10, 2005

DVD Review: Incident at Loch Ness


I must confess, I have a thing for the Loch Ness Monster. I love to read about it, watch films and shows about it, hell, I even liked the cartoon Scooby Doo and the Loch Ness Monster! So I was very excited to watch this mockumentary about director Werner Herzog and his attempt to film a documentary based on the creature. After watching for a while, I had to remember and convince myself that this was in fact fake. The acting and dialogue are all so natural and the way everything unfolds is so damn realistic, it makes you almost forget. Some scenes with the character interaction are down right funny. The movie unfolds basically as a documentary about the filming of Herzog's documentary, Enigma of Loch Ness. The film plays through all the crew fights, mishaps and bad luck and ultimately pays homage to Jaws near the end. I recommend this film as a great escape from your everyday horror, thriller or any other genre movie. It was like a breath of fresh air. I give it ****1/2 out of *****.

No comments: