Wednesday, June 22, 2005

DVD Review: Boogeyman


I'm not going to waste any time here, this movie flat out stunk. The acting was absolutely lousy, the Boogeyman was laughable, the plot was full of holes and the pacing was mediocre at best. The only thing good I can say about this film was it's use of sound, the 5.1 audio was good on this movie. The main character walked around in a stupor the entire movie, so much that I was getting nauseous just watching him mope with his eyes quivering half open. I also couldn't get it out of my head that he looked remarkably like a cross between Skeet Ulrich (Scream) and Jimmy Fallon (SNL, Taxi), call it silly but it made it hard to look at this guy. The rest of the cast must have been employed by the Ugly Actor Agency because there is some serious ugly going on in this film. The Boogeyman at the end of the film is ridiculous, a computer generated guy that never appears scary or believable. I find it very offensive as a horror lover to have to watch this garbage, especially when it comes from the creators of The Evil Dead! Very disappointing effort from the producers of the excellent The Grudge. The plot centers on a young man in his twenties who when young witnessed his dad being taken by the Boogeyman, and he returns to the house to face his demons and see if the Boogeyman is real. They made some good money with this film, I just pray there's not a sequel. I give the movie * out of *****. I wish it stayed in the closet!

No comments: