Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Movie of the Week: Storm of the Century


As a nor'easter howls outside my window I think there can be no more fitting a movie of the week than Stephen King's Storm of the Century. I didn't catch it when it originally aired but watching it nearly six years later on DVD did nothing to diminish it's place as not only one of the best King mini-series, but I think it's one of his best films. The acting is first rate, with Tim Daly putting in a great effort and Colm Feore really stealing the show as the evil Andre Linoge. All of the supporting players portray their characters perfectly as well. Two of the best supporting characters are the town and environment itself as they play huge in the film. This is a perfect movie to curl up on the couch to watch with the wind and snow blowing outside. Clocking in at 248 minutes, grab a comfortable blanket, some popcorn and check out some fantastic King goodness. I give it **** out of *****.

No comments: