Thursday, March 03, 2005

Book Review: Afterlife by Douglas Clegg


This book is one humdinger of a suspense yarn. The tension builds and builds and at only 261 pages, the end comes quickly. The story is very well crafted, as are all the characters. I've never read a bad Clegg novel and his reputation holds up here. The story deals with one woman's trauma of losing her husband. Turns out there's alot she didn't know about him. Clegg brings up some very interesting theories concerning the afterlife and what happens when we die. As I said before, the end comes a little too soon and leaves a few questions unanswered. I'm hoping it was done intentionally, like maybe a sequel is in the works. This book reminds me of a Dean Koontz novel without all the unnecessary words. Great story, great storytelling. I give it ***1/2 out of ****. Could have got ****1/2 if the questions were answered.

No comments: