Sunday, February 27, 2005

DVD Review: The Last Horror Movie


This is a serial killer movie, plain and simple. It's made to look like you rented a movie and five minutes into watching the "movie", it looks as if someone taped over the movie with a home video. The home video is of a guy who shows you footage of him killing people, all the while waxing philosophic on the similarities between killers and regular people. I have to admit, he makes a strong case. There are some parts of the film that are suspenseful, but I can't really say it was scary. I think it works good as a character study on the modern serial killer. I did like how they tied the movie together at the end, I thought it was original and far more effective than just about any hollywood feature film. The acting is very good, every character is believable and the dialog is just right. Having said all that, I liked this movie, it wasn't as gory as I thought it was going to be, but it was better and more effective than Saw. I give it ***1/2 out of *****.

No comments: