Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Movie of the Week: Dragonslayer


Although this movie was released in 1981, and the box office take was terrible, it managed to to something that besides Reign of Fire, hasn't been done since. Make a good dragon movie. Despite starring Peter MacNicol, this film shines as an epic fantasy and will always make my top ten fantasy movie list. Granted, the film does seem to plod along in some spots, but as a whole, given the technology at the time, the dragon rocks! When the dragon's chasing the hero out of it's lair, man it doesn't get any better than that! Can i get an Amen?! Like I said, many big budget films made since can't capture this movie's atmosphere nor create as cool a beast. The acting's not so hot here, but it can be forgiven because of the dragon...the dragon. My book of the week was a fantasy novel, so I decided on a fantasy movie to round out the week's picks. I give Dragonslayer **** out of *****.

No comments: