Wednesday, October 22, 2008

DVD Review: Stalking Hand

With its hokey special effects, overzealous acting and Scooby-Doo sound effects, Stalking Hand: A Scary Movie! is an independent gem of a horror comedy! I have to admit, when I first glanced the trailer online, I had my misgivings. But as I watched the film, I discovered that even though the budget had to have been less than what's in the change compartment in my van, director Lou Vocknell and his cronies (not to be confused with Obama's or McCain's) had to have put a tremendous amount of love and attention in this baby.

One of the things I was immediately impressed with was the quality of the audio on this disc. There's nothing I hate more than a bad sound recording, and it is one of the most common fatalities in low budget films, but the audio track on Stalking Hand is quite clean, clear and crisp. The acting, as I said, is ham city, but with this type of film, it fits perfectly. All in all, I have to say that Stalking Hand was one of the better films I've watched as of late. Even though the film is filled with death, dismemberment and a rotting, disembodied hand, Stalking Hand is like a breath of fresh air. I give Stalking Hand ****1/2 out of *****.




No comments: