Friday, April 08, 2005

Book of the Week: Countdown to Infinite Crisis


I know, I know, it's not a novel, but a comic book. I don't care, this comic has more plot twists and suspense than most novels and it's only 80 pages. 80 heart stopping pages! This is the start off point for a major series of events to happen in the DC universe. The story is going to expand outward over four seperate series of comics. If the series can continue what it started here, boy, it should be killer. I've never been effected by a comic before, but by the end of this one, you'll be left gasping for breath, shocked and saddened all at the same time. Without giving too much away, the story follows the Blue Beetle, the forgotten and underappreciated member of the JLA, as he stumbles across a plan of disastrous proportions that is about to fall upon the heroes. Infinite Crisis is to continue in the series' Day of Vengeance, The O.M.A.C. Project, The Rann/Thanagar War and Villians United. Even if you're not a fan of comics, I'd bet you would be sucked into this story. Get the comic while you can, and hey, it's only a buck! You can't find a better read for less. I give it ***** out of *****. I plan to see this thing through to the end and would like for you to join me.

No comments: