Sunday, March 13, 2005

DVD Review: Monsturd


Well, I promised it and here it is...The Monsturd review! Surprisingly good I must admit. It's a funny spoof on many a horror film. It looked like the actors may all be friends with each other and they really had a good time making it. The interaction between characters is hilarious, with alot of laughs coming from the dialogue and how the actors deliver it. I have to admit that I was expecting a nearly unwatchable piece of...er...crap, but I was pleasantly entertained. Kudos to the sound man because for a film with such a low budget, the sound comes out ok. The music really adds to the experience, and the final credit song is a masterpiece. I nearly pooped myself laughing at the two cops notifying the town not to use their toilets, it's truly a classic scene. The movie was paced surprisingly well, there really weren't any lags in the action. Like the tagline says-It's not just a movie, it's a movement! All in all, a very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon with a toothache, lying on the couch, heating pad on my jaw, laughing at Monsturd. Do yourself a favor and check it out, preferably without the toothache. I give it a corn and peanut filled **** out of *****. Oh yeah, thanks to Netflix or I wouldn't have seen it...damn Blockbuster!

No comments: