Sunday, February 20, 2005

DVD Review: Saw


I hate Hollywood and this is a main reason why. I was excited to see this movie. The trailer on the internet was intense and showed alot of promise. The movie in the end, ultimately sucked! The acting was lousy, the atmosphere was boring and the ending was retarted. This movie couldn't have been made by a genre fan, there are just too many ways this could and should have been better. I have to say I was expecting something gruesome and really intense and what I got was bland and pitiful. Cary Elwes looked as though he never acted before and he's not the only one, Danny Glover? You did better work ten years ago! It's really a shame movies like this get made when it seems like no one checks the final proof. I just can't see this film getting good reviews at the test screenings, but what do I know, I gave them my rental money. The real ticket is that they're making a sequel to this thing. In case you don't know by now, I didn't like this movie. And now Hollywood has gone and broken my heart again by promising me something different and new and instead gave me crap on a plate. At least when I watch crappy B-movies you don't expect them to be great, but when you find one that is, boy is that a treat. Oh well, what can you do, you can't change Hollywood. ** out of *****.

No comments: