Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Book Review: Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman


I absolutely loved this book.It's been a long time since anything (T.V., movies, books, etc.) made me laugh out loud the way this book did.The writing was brilliant, the footnotes hilarious, and the seance sequence had me in stitches. This book came out a few years ago and I just never got around to buying it, then a couple of weeks ago I saw it at the used book shop and snatched it up cheap. I have a stack of new books to read and I just happened to start this while I was reading another book and what can I say except that other book was gathering dust while I tore through this one. This book is a hilarious take on Armageddon, when the antichrist baby is accidentally switched with another baby at the hospital, and the angel and demon who are heaven and hell's earth represenatives discover they actually like the human race and don't want the end to come. The book is British comedy, so if you like Monty Python, you'll love this. Read this book, if you don't laugh, you must be dead. Rumors are there is a movie in the works, and if that's true, then I'm excited as long as they keep it true to the book and don't wreck it hollywood style.This book rocks! ***** out of *****!!!

No comments: