Friday, January 21, 2005

Book Review: Deception Point by Dan Brown


My life must be really boring, because I've never had the type of day that Rachel Sexton has in this political thriller by that DaVinci writer guy. This book is like an episode of 24 on steroids. There are more unbelievable escapes here than you could imagine and it all takes place in roughly, yep you guessed it, 24 hours. It takes me longer to clean out my garage than it takes Rachel to globetrot from Virginia to Washington to the arctic circle to the shores of New Jersey and back to Washington again. Damn, she's good! There are more twists and turns and deceptions in this book to mention, as well as a boat load of scientific jargon and equiptment that the author lets us know really does exist. Kudos to Dan Brown for his research capabilities, because he must be the most well informed dude on the planet. This wasn't a bad book, but I liked Angels and Demons and DaVinci better. And if I'm in the mood for some hi-tech action, I'll stick with James Rollins and Steve Alten. I give this book *** out of *****.

No comments: