Thursday, January 27, 2005

Book of The Week: MEG: Primal Waters by Steve Alten



MEG: Primal Waters is the third book in the megalodon Angel series by Steve Alten. It follows MEG and The Trench. I always enjoy Alten's novels because they all have the same ingredient...action! Steve's books are like a great action adventure movie taking place in your head. Everything is so easily realised that as your reading, the movie is playing right along and man, is it fun. I also truly respect Steve as an author and human being because he does so much for his craft, including the Adopt-an-Author program, and he always keeps his fans in mind and never forgets where he came from. I've never met the man, but I've read all of his books except Goliath, as well as being a subscriber to his online newsletter, and he really appreciates his fanbase. Anyway, back to the book. The action is furious and fast, and the body count rises, along with your pulse from the start to the end of the book. I never thought anyone could write a good shark story after Jaws, but Steve's gone and done it three times now with a possible fourth on the way. Needless to say, I really enjoyed this book like a shark does chum and I am counting the days for Steve's next book The Loch to be released in May. I give MEG: Primal Waters **** out of *****.

No comments: