Monday, March 31, 2008

DVD Review: Deadly End

As Deadly End begins, I start wondering is it is too late to hit the eject button. But, I bravely sit through the poor sound and not-exactly-pristine video and eventually, I am rewarded with a movie that's not too bad. The story finds us following a young couple as they move into their new home in a suspiciously barren neighborhood. But not long after Bob and Wendy Peterson move in, their overbearing and off-kilter neighbor, Adrian Trumbull begins taking his "friendly" tendencies a little too far. What ensues is sometimes funny, sometimes gross and overall kind of nonsensicle. Deadly End features decent acting, with Nick Searcy giving a truly "gut-wrenching" performance. See the film and you'll know what I mean. Deadly End is a nice little film, but I don't think a lot of people will like it as it does push the limits. I, however, am not most people, and while I thought there were a few loose ends not tied up or never explained in the first place, I thought Deadly End was rather decent. Deadly End gets *** out of *****.

No comments: