Thursday, January 03, 2008

DVD Review: The Blood Shed


Inbred backwoods cannibals, living in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey? What is this, a documentary? I think I noticed a few of my neighbors in this film! Yep, The Blood Shed brings the murderous inbred hillbilly genre to the Garden State, and man, is it an enjoyable ride! This film has it all - blood, laughs, snarling, roadkill, psychotic grandmothers, ball busting, Little LuLu - I mean everthing! The mastermind behind this film is Alan Rowe Kelly, who also happens to play "12-year old" Beeftina. The film is directed perfectly and you can really tell the actors relish their roles, playing it up as effectively as ever. Plenty of violence, B-movie gore and black humor make The Blood Shed easily one of my favorite movies of 2007. The film, as low budget as it is, features remarkably good quality in both video and audio. From this point on, when I'm asked for a movie recommendation, The Blood Shed will definitely be at the top of the list. The Blood Shed drips ***** out of *****. It's a perfect movie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Dave! You're my new best friend! LOL!!
Thank you so much - that's a great New Year review to kick of 2008!
Best regards!
Alan Rowe Kelly