Wednesday, February 15, 2006

DVD Review: The Brothers Grimm


Yeah, it took a while before I had the chance to watch this one, but here it is! This is a movie that feels like it left a lot on the table. After watching the trailer and then the film, it feels like I was cheated a little. The film is good, I'll give it that, not great, but good. It's just that, I don't know, the trailer left me wanting more and the film made me wonder when I was going to get it. Call it a case of brilliant editing on the trailer. Terry Gilliam fills his movies with wonderful set designs and he's on top of his game with this one. The locations, the lighting, the costumes, they're all great, the sound is good too. I don't know if it was the Damon/Ledger combo that did it in, I didn't think they were that bad, or what it was, it just felt a little dull. The bad thing is, I don't know what they could have done to make it better! I'm really on the fence with this one. I'll call it this...it's not a bad movie to while away a snowy Saturday afternoon with, but you're not getting a classic. So it's *** out of *****.

No comments: