Friday, July 22, 2005

DVD Review: Deep in the Woods


Another taste of horror from France and after seeing the trailer for it, I was excited to see it. I thought it was going to be a better film than Haute Tension. I was wrong. It was not better than Haute Tension and I was wrong to be excited about it. A group of actors are hired by a wheelchair bound man to put on a show for the strange little boy that lives with him in his sprawling wooded estate. I don't know if the kid is his son, nephew, friend or what, it's never revealed. Anyway, one by one the actors start to bite it. Oh yeah, plus there's a subplot dealing with a mad rapist running around the countryside. All this adds up to a crappy, hard to follow piece of French filmmaking. Don't get fooled by the trailer like I did, pass on it. 0 out of *****.

No comments: