Sunday, April 01, 2007

Book Review: The Shadow Killer by Matthew Scott Hansen

Anybody who knows me, knows that I love everything Bigfoot! I love watching documentaries, I constantly check bfro.net for sightings and reports, I dig watching Bigfoot movies (as you'll see with my upcoming review of Abominable) even if they're not too great. So you can imagine my eyes lighting up as I walked through my neighborhood Barnes and Noble Bookstore and I caught sight of this book. I have to admit, however, I was skeptical of the book because of the cover, but as the old adage goes, you can't judge. I literally flew through this book. There was a ton of action, suspense and good old fashioned gore! Matthew Scott Hansen has written a stellar debut that doesn't fail to deliver. Even with an ending you know is coming, you can't help but be swept into the action. The plot follows the drastic efforts of Ty Greenwood, a former software genius who is forever changed after his run-in with one of the legendary creatures. His life is in shambles and he is on the verge of losing his family and ending his life. It's not until people start disappearing that he begins to put two and two together. His life takes on a new frantic meaning as he sets out to prove the creature's existence. This is one fun rollercoaster ride of a novel! You can really get a sense of Hansen's love and appreciation of Bigfoot on every page. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for future novels written by this talented new writer. **** out of *****.

No comments: